Slab Leak Repair in Las Vegas
If you think that you have a slab leak, a visual inspection conducted by a licensed plumber is the best way to determine whether or not you do. Slab leaks are also known as concrete slab leaks and foundation leaks. They develop when a hole forms in the piping beneath the foundation of your home.
Signs That You Might Have a Slab Leak
If you are trying to decide that you have a leak under your slab, check for one or more of the following signs on the basement/lower level floor.
- Wet spot on the floor or carpeting
- Mildew or mold developing on the carpet
- Hot area on the floor
- Cold area on a section of the floor
- Wet base boards
- The sound of running water even though it has been turned off
- Water below the base of the water heater even though the platform remains dry
- Excessive water bills (this is also a sign of a leak anywhere in the home or exterior plumbing areas
How We Determine If You Have a Slab Leak
11选5黑彩微信群Several steps are taken to see whether or not you have a slab leak as well as to locate the ends of the leaking pipe in question. These steps include:
- A visual check of the water meter
- A visual inspection of the suspected location of the leak
- An initial pressure test
- An electronic leak detection test once we are hired
Service Repairs for a Slab Leak
11选5黑彩微信群If you have a leak beneath your home’s foundation, our task involves locating both ends of the line that is leaking in order to assist us in determining the best option for repair. Four basic options exist:
- Epoxy restoration: This process restores your pipeline and eliminates the leak using two access points to complete the repair with epoxy.
- Pipe re-route: This procedure is only recommended when epoxy restoration cannot be completed and/or if the damaged line is short. It involves the installation of a completely new water line that replaces the damaged one in its entirety. Since the new line must run through walls and ceilings, it isn’t the first choice for most slab repairs.
- Re-piping: This method replaces your damaged pipe with a new pipe.
- Direct access: This process involves using a jackhammer to tear up the floor in order to access the damaged pipe. A repair is made to the pipe, and arrangements must be made to also repair the floor. This procedure is not advisable if the leak is also found beneath the walls or permanent plumbing fixtures. It should not be used when a post-tension foundation is involved.
Please contact us if you need more information on slab leaks or any plumbing issue.